PART TIME POSITIONS
Primary Responsibilities: Identify potential accident hazards. Be alert or prevent accidents (risk management). Enforce all pool rules in a consistent manner. Handle discipline situations with courtesy and fairness. Respond quickly, intelligently, decisively and in accordance with established emergency and accident management procedures. Administer first aid and CPR as required.
Secondary Responsibilities: Communicate with other lifeguards and supervisors. Facilitate public relations with a positive and professional attitude, courtesy and tact. Be available to substitute for other staff members. Follow established substitution procedures. Fill out appropriate incident and other reports. Monitor chemical levels . Carry out additional duties as assigned by supervisors. Attend all in-service trainings
Current American Red Cross Lifeguard certification. Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills. Experience in maintaining facilities and specified areas preferred. Strong problem-solving skills. Self-motivated with the ability to work without supervision. Ability to lead and motivate staff. Available to work weekends/holidays. Must pass background examination. Preferred: to be willing to cross train on other job duties as assigned.
SWIM INSTRUCTOR: (Part-time; 10-20 hours per week)
Primary Responsibilities: Provide competent and safe environment in and around the water. Safe instructions using recognized progressive teaching skills. Plan and effectively organize class time for maximum practice and learning experience. Learn and adhere to teaching according to provided curriculum levels. This is accomplished through weekly lesson plans. Teach with encouragement, positive attitude, and positive reinforcement. Provide for consistency in instruction. Attend mandatory staff meetings, unless excused.
Secondary Responsibilities: Facilitate the certification process with the swim lesson supervisors. Promote good public relations by talking with parents before and after class when necessary, not during. Dress appropriately for all classes. Turn in required paperwork.
Requirements: Ability to safely and effectively instruct swimming lessons. Knowledge of swimming strokes. Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills. Experience in public facility management. Strong problem-solving skills. Self-motivated with the ability to work without supervision. Ability to lead and motivate staff. Available to work weekends/holidays. Must pass background examination. Preferred: to be willing to cross train on other job duties as assigned.
AQUA FITNESS INSTRUCTOR I (Part-time; 10 – 20 hours per week)
- Under the direction of assigned staff, the Water Fitness Instructor provides members and class participants with a well designed, physically safe program to serve the needs of the client population.
- Working at the skill and learning level of a particular class, demonstrates skills and explains them clearly to class members remembering safety at all times (including equipment, exercise modifications, or contraindicated movements)
- Must work with individual students within class structure to enable all to correct faults, improve self image, provide all necessarily modifications, and progress their skills or abilities.
- Prepares teaching area with necessary equipment and returns all teaching equipment to proper storage at the end of each class.
- Assists in participant recruitment or program promotions and tracks class attendance and monitors class size for program
Water environment, may be hot & humid. Teaching may involve being in water, standing, squatting, lifting, bending, and/or moving for the duration of class or classes.
- Have good speaking ability, and display an outgoing personality, enabling him/her to relate well to participants.
- Requires ability to individually lead a class, respond to safety and emergency situations, motivate and educate members, and set up, move and store class equipment.
- Aqua Zumba Instructor: Preferred Aqua Zumba, AEA. ACE, AFFA, or similar certification.
- Must obtain First Aid and CPR/AED certifications within 90 days of hire.
- Preferred: to be willing to cross train on other job duties as assigned.
Water Fitness Instructor I: has less than 3 years experience instructing aqua fitness classes.
Water Fitness Instructor II: has 3+ years instructing aqua fitness classes.
Water Fitness Instructor III: has 5+ years instructing aqua fitness classes.